Brief Work History:
- Went to college at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Worked for the musician Prince for about nine years as his Webmaster and then Art Director (Read my article in the Washington Post about it)
- Worked for Pearl Jam and have designed projects for David Bowie, Steve Miller Band, Gorillaz, Swedish House Mafia and more
- Spent five years at Microsoft as a UX Designer
- Here in Los Angeles, I have created microsites as well as countless presentations and event collateral for EBONY.
- Currently working as a Production Artist for The Designory.
Fun Facts About Me:
- Was born in San Francisco, grew up in Chicago, and am currently living in Los Angeles.
- Movie trivia EXPERT
- Have an amazing daughter
- Love going to TV show tapings and movie screenings
- An oil painter who loves to paint faces with bright colors
- Had blue, magenta, and blond dyed hair
- Enjoy long road trips and have driven all over the country
- Been to Europe but have not been to Asia or Africa yet
- Could live on coffee and pizza
- Spends too much time at Disneyland
- “Purple Reign: What it Was Like to Work with Princes” Function Podcast with Anil Dash, 11/14/19
- “Sam Jennings recalls how Prince’s Hi-tech Vision Helped Remake the Industry and Better Connect Artists and Fans” PRN Alumni Foundation, 3/1/19
- “Sam Jennings on Prince and the Music Streaming Business,” Subscribed Podcast, 8/2/2016
- “Prince Didn’t Hate the Internet. And His 17 Different Websites Prove It,” Huffington Post, 7/13/2016
- “Prince Online Museum Launches: See the Singer’s Official Websites Spanning 20 Years,”Billboard, 7/4/2016
- “How Prince revolutionized the Internet — according to the webmaster who helped him do it,”Washington Post, 4/27/2016